Vancouver Convention Center – East Building
1055 Canada Pl
Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada
Highlights of the Annual Meeting
- A dynamic forum for best practice sharing within industry, CRO’s, academics and regulators
- Joint Sessions organized by representatives from SPS, CSPT, and JSPS
- Sessions on some of the hottest topics in safety pharmacology related research
- 6 CE Courses taught by experts in the field
- Plenary Keynote Speakers by a key opinion leaders
- Exhibit hall offering access to industry vendors
- Poster sessions featuring cutting-edge research
- Networking opportunities with a global community of scientists from regulatory, industry, and academia
- Award opportunities to bring together Student and Jr. Investigators with seasoned scientists, while sharing their research
- Exhibitor Sponsored Sessions by leading technology and service providers showcasing their new offerings and research
Invitation to Attend
Invitation to Attend the 2016 SPS Meeting
On behalf of the Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS), the Canadian Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics (CSPT) and the Japanese Safety Pharmacology Society (JSPS), we would like to invite you and your colleagues to attend the 2016 Joint Meeting, September 18–21, 2016, at the Vancouver Convention Center in the beautiful city of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Over the last few months, the three groups have been hard at work to organize a scientific program that is integrative and inclusive of topics across the broad range of interests of the members of all three Societies. The 2016 Scientific Program has been a collaborative joint effort between the SPS/CSPT/JSPS Joint Program Committee and features a diverse range of scientific sessions organized into two theme tracks and covering issues such as Receptor Pharmacology, Translational Biomarkers, Regulatory, Practical Pharmacology, Advances in Technologies and much more! This will ensure all attendees can stay abreast of new content and developments in all areas of interest.
The meeting will also offer a broad Continuing Education program both on an introductory level as well as advanced courses for the expert. A preliminary program outline is now available on the Joint Meeting website.
In an effort to support attendance from our younger colleagues, please note that there are opportunities for Travel Awards from the Joint Societies. Also, please consider submitting an abstract for presentation as a poster. From these submissions a variety will also be selected for short oral communications or as Trainee Presentations. The deadline to submit an abstract for presentation is June 22, 2016—Extended Deadline.
We cordially invite you to become a member of our Societies, become involved in our ongoing scientific activities and join us in Vancouver for our Joint Meeting this September!
Dr. Michael Pugsley
SPS President 2016
Dr. Will Redfern
SPS Vice President and SPS Program Chair 2016
Payment and Deadlines Information
Deadlines to Remember
Distinguished Service Award: May 1, 2016
Junior Investigator Travel Award: July 1, 2016
Student Travel Award: July 1, 2016
Abstract Deadline: Abstracts are due by 12:00 midnight on June 22, 2016 (extended deadline)
Continuing Education Registration: September 1, 2016 (Only those preregistered will receive a class syllabi.)
- Early Registration: July 31, 2016 (Prices increase after this date.)
- Advance Registration: August 1, 2016, through September 1, 2016.
On-Site/Late Registration: September 1–21, 2016.
Cancellation Deadlines: September 1, 2016.
If you must cancel your registration, all requests must be received in writing to SPS Headquarters no later than September 1. The registration fee will be refunded less a $50 processing fee.
Online Credit Card
SPS accepts the following CREDIT CARDS: American Express, MasterCard or VISA.
All fees are in US Dollars. (Your credit card company will be able to give you the most favorable exchange rate.)
Payable to: Safety Pharmacology Society in US Currency Only. Non-US currency checks will be returned. (Tax ID 23-2766566)
Safety Pharmacology Society
11190 Sunrise Valley Dr, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20191 USA
Email: SPS Headquarters
This interactive app will allow you to:
- View the schedule and sessions, save sessions to your personal agenda, and get detailed presenter information.
- Keep your pulse on the most popular sessions, promotions, and events in the Activity Feed.
- Receive announcements and obtain the most up-to-date information about whats going on.
- Expand your professional network and have fun by interacting with other attendees in the app.
The App is only open to registered attendees, so be sure to register for the Meeting before September 1st to gain access to the App before you arrive at the Meeting!
Click here to download the App now, and when it is ready instructions will be sent with your login information. The Mobile App is scheduled to launch in mid August.