How to Use the Online Abstract Submission System
- Please register with the abstract system prior to submitting your abstract, this is a unique login separate from your membership login
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login for each abstract.
- You can alter your abstracts at any time up to the deadline (June 15, 2012)
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a “blind” reviewing process may be used—you can enter the names online during the submission process.
- Do not include tables or graphs in the body of your abstract
- Please spell check and proofread prior to submitting your abstract, and again once you paste it into the abstract body box in the system to be sure all special characters are showing up as you wish them to.
The Submission Process
- Log in to the submission system when you have prepared your abstract. Enter your email address and the password you chose when you registered with the system.
- You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract you should click the link that says “Click here to submit a new abstract.”
- Submitting an abstract is a multistep process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked “required” and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered.
- If you have to stop part way through the process your submission will be held in temporary storage until you return later and complete all the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
- There is a 250 word limit to the body of your abstract. As you enter your abstract text, you will see a word count in the bottom left of the page so you can keep track of how many words you have entered.
Amending a submission
You may wish to change your submission. You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the abstract submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amending an abstract is just the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously. You don’t have to change an answer if you don’t want to.
- When you reach the final step and press “Finish” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
If you have any queries about the submission process or you want to withdraw an abstract please contact Krystle Correll.